Take your place in a lineage of soul-workers and ritual healers.
Learn to support the grieving, the dying, and the dead.
Are you called to help dying people and their families?
If you’re drawn to sacred deathcare, you may be attuned to spiritual energies, or perhaps you’ve had mystical experiences around death or dead people.
Maybe you just know that there’s more to life —and death— than can be seen, measured, or explained.
Dominant culture doesn’t value intuition and spiritual awareness. When you’re sensitive to subtle dynamics around death and loss, it can be hard to know how to use these gifts to help people.
If we’re going to collectively restore the practices of sacred deathcare, we need to validate and support the gifts of people like you, people who carry the energy of the deathwalker archetype.
Signs the deathwalker archetype may be active in you:
- You’re feeling a pull you can’t explain. You have a subtle but persistent sense that death is part of your life’s work, even if you don’t know what that looks like.
- You’re drawn to the spiritual and energetic aspects of death, rather than the medical and logistical. You’re interested in transformation, rather than information.
- You’re connected to realms beyond the physical and you’re attuned to what happens as we cross the veil.
- You may have been undone and re-made by a big death in your own life. Now you want to help others walk this path of transformative healing.
- Your heart breaks at the suffering that can come with a purely medical approach to death. You want to be part of bringing a wider spiritual perspective to the experience.
These are indications that the deathwalker archetype is alive inside you. It’s yearning to be met, validated, and expressed in service of your community.
This archetypal energy is hard to carry on your own.
It can be lonely and confusing to embody the deathwalker archetype in a culture that doesn't validate it.
- It’s challenging to stay true to what you know (let alone deepen and develop it) when your soul’s truths aren’t reflected back by those around you.
- If you don’t have a deeper body of teachings to lean into, it’s difficult to fully trust your intuition and experiences. It might even feel like you’re just making things up.
- Without elders and guides who are a few steps ahead of you, and peers to share the learning journey with, it's hard to know how to be with this part of yourself.
If you sometimes feel too unconventional for the people around you, you're not the problem. The problem is a culture that doesn't know how to welcome the healing gifts you carry.
Make sense of what’s coming through you.
If this energy is alive in you, you’ve likely tried to find a way to manifest it.
- You may have training, or interest, in energy medicine, shamanism, animism, reiki, psychopomp work, or other non-physical healing practices.
- Perhaps you’ve taken part in a mystery school, and earth medicine training, or followed a priestess path.
- Maybe you’ve even done a death doula training, but you still haven’t found the right structure for bringing your unique gift to the world.
The archetype of the deathwalker is related to the archetypes of the shaman, the doula/midwife, and the priest/priestess, but it carries its own specific medicine and has its own unique path of expression.
Activate the wisdom of your soul's calling.
When you can make sense of what you’re experiencing, the healing gift you carry for the world will begin to take shape.
This course will give structure and direction to the deathwalker energy stirring inside you.
- You’ll find language and affirmation for what you’ve been feeling, but haven’t been able to articulate.
- You’ll understand the nature, characteristics, and qualities of the deathwalker archetype, and its role in healing.
- You’ll learn about how the archetype expresses itself, through people like you, on behalf of your community.
- You’ll identify the ways and reasons that this healing wisdom isn't (yet) validated or supported in Western culture.
- You’ll discover the steps for deepening and developing this soul-gift, in a community of peers and colleagues.
As you recognize and understand your medicine, your soul's calling will guide you on your unique path of healing, learning, and service.
Instructor: Sarah Kerr, PhD
I’ve been a ritual healing practitioner, death doula, and trainer since 2012. I have a doctorate in Transformative Learning and I've been a student of spiritual and systemic healing practices since 1999.
I help dying people and their families connect with each other and with the innate wisdom of the dying process.
My clients and students understand that death and loss are important parts of their spiritual journey, but they don't have a spiritual map to guide them through these experiences. I bring a map rooted in energy medicine, systems thinking, sacred sciences and ancient wisdom traditions.
I train death doulas and other end-of-life professionals in a comprehensive healing methodology that aligns with deep patterns in the archetypal structure of the dying process. The approach utilizes diagnostic and prescriptive ritual tools and offers healing interventions which can be adapted to each client’s unique spiritual values.
This class will be recorded live on May 31, from 4-6pm MT (convert to your timezone here). Attending the live class is optional and all registrants will receive the class materials as audio and video recordings.
Completion Certificate and Continuing Education Credits
Participants will receive a formal Certificate of Completion for 2 teaching contact hours, suitable for submission for CE's or CEU's (licensure dependent.)
"I felt like I walked into an entirely different world today. I come from a rational, concrete, pragmatic world, and I have always had a feeling for – and a yearning for – the other world but have never really gone there. I’ve always stayed very practical, very pragmatic. This was absolutely wonderful. Thank you so much.”
~ Ellen K.
"Sarah, you are an exceptional teacher. You have helped me find the ritual tools available to me and to meet life's challenges in a way that acknowledges pain and sorrow while making room for beauty. Working with you has forever shaped how I interact with the world and the people around me."
~ Jamie W.
"I have been dabbling in end-of-life doula trainings and you are the most enthusiastic, real person I have yet to encounter. Keep up the good work and I look forward to taking your other courses.”
~ Cindy P.
"Sarah’s class was an amazing experience, containing tremendous depth and breadth of wisdom and practical skill-building. Thank you for sharing your knowledge with us!”
~ Maxine S.
"This class, this wealth of information, it felt like a cornucopia, just overflowing with amazing, positive, specific, detailed, practical information. I feel like it answered all the questions I had, and even ones I didn’t have. It just opened up my mind to so many more possibilities. Yes, I have more questions, but that's a good thing. It was excellent, and Sarah is a wonderful teacher.”
~ Julie S.
"Thanks, Sarah. You have been and continue to be a fundamental teacher to me through your work and sharing. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.”
~ Samantha R.
"What I love about you as a teacher, Sarah, is that you’re completely without ego; you’re confident but very humble. It’s amazing for me just to see how you communicate, and to learn from you, I've taken away a lot. Many thanks.”
~ Deb S.