Ritual practice is a complex and powerful healing modality.
I created this series of lessons to broaden the conversation about ritual healing as a response to life losses and transition.
While much of ritual is intuitive, there are important foundational models and principles that determine how effective a healing ritual is.
These teachings will deepen your knowledge and strengthen your skills for creating healing rituals.
I hope you find them useful.
With much love,
Sarah Kerr, PhD
Ritual Healing Practitioner
and Death Doula
People are coming to recognize the power of healing rituals, but there's a shortage of deep teachings on how they actually work.
Lesson #2, May 2019
Ritual Healing for Illness, Death, or Loss
In this lesson
• What is the role of village-making in healing rituals, and why does this matter so much at end-of-life?
• How do rituals bring healing to our souls, and to the souls of our communities and our world?
• What are the core soul wounds we experience around death and loss?
• How do rituals provide us with a map through spiritually and emotionally confusing times?
Watch a video about the lesson
How does it work?
• This lesson was taught in a small-group webinar setting
• Recordings are ~1 hour each, and include a lecture and Q&A session
• Each lesson includes video and audio files of the same material
• Files can be downloaded, or accessed via the online library
Add these teachings to your ritual toolkit
If you facilitate (or would like to facilitate) rituals, these teachings will help you strengthen the healing impact of your work.
$25 CAD (~$18 USD)
Learn the what, why, and how of ritual healing
These lessons explore the foundational principles and structures of healing rituals.
Drawing on archetypal wisdom, transpersonal psychology, animist philosophy, mythic insight, anthropological literature, and personal anecdotes and storytelling, these teachings bridge the theoretical with the deeply practical.
~ Audrey S.
A deep dive into the nuances of ritual practice
• Explore techniques for diagnosing the soul-affliction that's asking for healing
• Discover principles for designing effective and targeted ritual interventions
• Learn tools for working with individuals, families, and communities
• Develop skills for reading and strengthening the energetic architecture of ritual space
Demystify ritual techniques, and facilitate more powerful rituals
~ Kate M.
This is not a cookbook approach
While the material in these lessons is inspired by diverse ritual practices and energy medicine principles (rooted in both historical and contemporary traditions), we will not be learning to "replicate" established rituals.
Instead, these lessons teach you the energetic principles behind healing ritual gestures. You'll learn how the energy in ritual space works, and how to collaborate with it.
With an understanding of those principles, you can design unique and meaningful rituals, that grow out of the experiences and needs of the people they serve.
Examples of healing rituals:
• A sharing circle to help a community integrate the shock of a natural disaster
• A goodbye ceremony in the family home before an aging parent moves into long term care
• An accountability and new beginning ritual after someone declares bankruptcy
• A healing circle before beginning chemo or radiation, or when it finishes
• A euthanizing ceremony for a beloved family pet
• A letting go and moving on ritual after the end of a long court battle
• A celebration after positive test results, or when health is regained
Rituals help people connect with each other, and with a deeper source of meaning and grace
~ Sophia L.
~ Deb S.